1. The management of personal banking department trains all its staff members to deal with guest inquiries ______.
A. courtesy B. courteous C. courteously D. more courteous
2. Ms. Sykes is an ______ manager who is always able to make the best of her employees.
A. imaginary B. exclusive C. inactive D. effective
3. Several prominent business people in the Dunbar region ______ together to form the Dunbar Chamber of Commerce.
A. has joined B. have joined C. joining D. be joined
4. Because of the economic recession, many small businesses are having difficulty ______ their budget.
A. manage B. managing C. to manage D. management
5. Ms. Rudders will be ______ looking through all the job applications to make sure we select the best person.
A. care B. caring C. careful D. carefully
6. A year-long ____ of Gardeners’ Monthly magazine costs just $ 85.50, and it comes with a free pair of gardening gloves.
A. subscription B. entry C. warranty D. membership
7. Spitting on the ground is not only ______ but also harmful to others’ health.
A. disgusting B. banging C. grabbing D. blasting
8. The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and ______ him of speeding.
A. charged B. accused C. blamed D. deprived
1.【答案】C。解析：副词修饰动词deal with。courteously 有礼貌地；亲切地。
2.【答案】D。解析：effective 有效的，起作用的。A. 想象的；B. 排外的，独有的；C. 懒散的。
4.【答案】B。解析：固定结构have difficulty in doing，in可省略。
6.【答案】A。解析：subscription订阅（定期刊物。B. 进入，参加；C. 担保，保证书；D. 会员资格。
7.【答案】D。解析：disgusting 是动词disgust 的现在分词形式，意为“令人厌恶的”。bang撞击，猛击；grab抓取，攫取；blast 爆炸。句意：随地吐痰不仅令人厌恶，而且还会不利于他人的健康。
8.【答案】B。解析：accuse sb. of... 控告某人犯有……； warn sb. of警告、告戒某人有……； deprive sb. of sth.剥夺某人某事；charge sb. with murder （指控某人犯有杀人罪)。