1. Under the new law, consumers are entitled to ____ if products malfunction or fail to perform as promised.
A. compensated B. compensate C. compensating D. compensation
2. During the one-month trial period, customers are under no ____ to sign any contracts.
A. pledge B. promise C. obligation D. engagement
3. Educational expenses are tax-deductible ____ the taxpayer can show that these expenses enhanced his or her professional skills or expertise.
A. only if B. as if C. as many as D. as much as
4. If you cannot make up your mind ____ destination to choose for your summer holidays, why not talk with our experienced travel consultants?
A. whom B. which C. on D. about
5. The Public Transport Commission’s commitment to running our city’s trains and buses as ____as possible has reduced costs to the taxpayer by 5%.
A. efficient B. efficiency C. efficiently D. efficiencies